Betty's in East Riding of Yorkshire
Betty's: A Delightful Destination in East Riding of Yorkshire
Location and Contact Information
- Address: St Helen's Square, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Phone: 01904 659142
- Betty's is a quintessential English café and tea room that has been serving locals and visitors alike since 1919.
- The interior of the café features old-world charm with chandeliers, stained-glass windows, and cosy seating arrangements.
- The café prides itself on its excellent customer service, freshly brewed tea, and delectable bakery treats.
Points of Interest Nearby
- The café is located in the heart of York, a historic city with magnificent medieval architecture and rich cultural heritage.
- York Minster, one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in Europe, is just a short walk from the café.
- The Shambles, a narrow street with overhanging timber-framed buildings dating back to the 14th century, is also nearby and worth visiting.
Getting to Betty's
- Betty's is centrally located in York and is easily accessible by public transport such as buses and trains.
- Alternatively, visitors can choose to drive and park in one of the many car parks around the city.
- Walking or cycling is also an option for those living nearby or staying in one of the nearby accommodations.
Visit Betty's for a delightful taste of English tea, coffee, and baked goods in a charming, historic setting.
Where is Betty's?
🏠 6-8 St. Helen’s Square, York YO1 8QP
- Address: St Helen's Square East Riding of Yorkshire
- Phone: 01904 659142
- Betty's is a famous café and tea room located in the heart of East Riding of Yorkshire.
- The venue has a classic British atmosphere with a touch of elegance and sophistication.
- It is known for its high-quality and delicious traditional English breakfast and afternoon tea served in an elegant vintage style.
Points of Interest
- Betty's has a beautiful outdoor terrace and a stunning interior with a unique ambiance and atmosphere.
- The tea room has been around for over 100 years and has become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to East Riding of Yorkshire.
- It is highly recommended for those who are looking for a unique and unforgettable tea experience in a quintessential British setting.
Getting to the Venue
- By car: Visitors can park at nearby car parks or take a taxi to get to Betty's.
- By public transportation: Bus and train services are available to get to the venue.
- By foot: The venue is located in the heart of East Riding of Yorkshire, making it easily accessible by foot from nearby hotels and tourist attractions.
Excellent brunch breakfast for two. Staff very friendly and accommodating
Staff were very friendly and attentive, 10 out of 10. Food was exceptional and good value for money
We had afternoon tea, it was fantastic and plentiful couldn't nanage to eat it all so they provide a box to take away. I have never seen such huge scones. I would highly recommend to have you afternoon tea here.
Food was great service terrible. Who brings food before cutlery. We asked for tartar sauce and it came with no serving spoon. My wife had a bottle of cider and it came with a pint glass. When she asked for a ladies glass she got a Mason jar!!. Having said that the fish was superb. Solid chunks of pure white fish in the thinnest crisp batter you could imagine. The scampi was really good and a proper portion, 9 pieces.
One of the best cream teas I have had in ages. A gorgeous fruit scone, the size of a small football, cream, jam and BUTTER! All served with a lovely pot of Yorkshire tea. If only I lived closer... Tip top spot.
Had a delicious full English breakfast. Two sausages, two bacon, beans, two eggs and mushrooms. The best place to sit is at the back where you can see the harbour. The staff were very nice.
We've called into Hetty's every few days since we moved to the area a year ago. The staff are smiling and friendly. The food and service is good. And the coffee is the best I have ever had in Whitby! Well done Team!x
Excellent food, excellent staff couldent do enough for you, spotless clean. Highly recommend. Fish and chip afternoon tea for two outstanding with enough tea and coffee you could drink.
Gorgeous fish and chips afternoon tea! Will definitely visit again when we come back to Whitby.Staff were lovely, we rang ahead to book as three of us wanted the fish and chips afternoon tea, which they made up for us. Great portion sizes, clean and friendly atmosphere.
Went there on 25/08/21. Ordered x2 prosecco Fish and Chip 'teas', along with separate fish and chips and a childs meal. Painful explanation of order to waiter, waited 45 mins for order to arrive, when did, it was stone cold. Sent back. Arrived, other meal cold. Fish undercooked and batter soggy. Best avoided.
Leave a comment:
If you have any questions, you can contact Betty's by calling 0800 456 1919.
6.029 customers of Betty's have given it an average rating of 4,6.